Thursday, May 5, 2011

DEMO: BIT.TRIP CORE (Wii Ware)

BIT.TRIP CORE for Wii (Wii Ware)

Courtesy Nintendo.com
Genre: Musical Puzzler
Full Game Price: $6.00
No. of Players: 1-2 (simultaneous co-op)

In 5 words: fast, frustrating, musical, too simple

With BIT.TRIP CORE, I have now played 4 BIT.TRIP demos. FATE felt forced, BEAT was busy, and RUNNER was remarkable. CORE is the least impressive thus far.
 
Courtesy bittripgame.com
CORE is definitely a BIT.TRIP game in that it starts out simple but quickly becomes overwhelming. Like other BIT.TRIP games, CORE rewards superior performance with better music. The BIT.TRIP CORE soundtrack is about the only redeeming quality I could find, and far too often I found myself not performing up to par, leading to the music dropping out entirely.


BIT.TRIP CORE is too simplistic. It does not make use of the Wii's motion controls like BEAT does and it is not nearly as graphically involved as RUNNER is. CORE is not bad, it's just not that good. And it is tough. If you can follow a beat, you should be alright. I struggled, and it was frustrating. That being written, I absolutely love the graphical style of all BIT.TRIP games, and CORE is no exception.


I have to admit, with a price of only $6.00, BIT.TRIP CORE looks like an OK value. The demo could disappear from Wii Ware at any moment, so if you're interested, you might want to go get it pronto.

Demo Gamer Stats:
Age range: 6+
Demo length: 10-20 minutes
Demo worth playing? I don't know. If you really like other BIT.TRIP demos, perhaps.
Full game worth buying? It is only $6.00. Probably worth every cent.

BIT.TRIP CORE has been out for awhile, so a few of you have probably played it. Agree/disagree with me? Sound off in the comments!

--Demo Gamer

No comments:

Post a Comment