Thursday, January 20, 2011

Welcome to the Demo Gamer

Welcome to the Demo Gamer! Allow me to introduce myself. I am a gamer. Sometimes. I used to game a lot more than I do now. Then something happened.

I got married to a (kind and understanding) non-gamer. And I became a father. The getting married part wasn't too bad for my gaming. My wife used to work a few nights a week, and more often than not, I would just plug in for a few hours and get my fix. Everything changed when we had kids. Being a father, husband, full time student and full time employee decimated my time and money for gaming.

Having graduated from college (finally!), I find myself gaming a little more. I have two toddlers now, one of which bowls almost as well as I do in Wii Sports. The way I game now is very different from the way I used to. I now game in smaller units of time and money. What you'll find here are reviews of demos, and occasionally, a review of a full game, if I find the demo worthy of the jump to buy. I hope to help other time/money-challenged gamers to find games worth their valuable/limited attention. In doing so, I also hope to help some developers that also have little time for money and gaming.

So please click and comment away, I hope you enjoy your visit.

--Demo Gamer

No comments:

Post a Comment